Hi, I’m Kylie! I’m a YA fantasy writer/traveler/cellist from Medford, Massachusetts. I have a B.A. in English/Creative Writing and Spanish from Emory University. My writing has appeared in The Puritan, Cleaver Magazine, and Plain China. I’m represented by Mary C. Moore of Kimberley Cameron & Associates.
Lightning round of bullets telling you basically all you need to know about me:
- I’m currently an elementary school English teacher in South Korea.
- I regularly consume amounts of chocolate that should not be safe for humans.
- There is no one on Earth who enjoys Halloween more than me.
- No, I’m not sick, my skin is actually that white. Yes, I go outside (occasionally).
- I’m 25% Chinese, 25% Japanese, and 50% Irish/really pale European. If I ever have $200 lying around I’ll do one of the spit-in-the-tube DNA tests and get back to you with more specific percentages.
- Every stereotype about awkward writers can safely be applied to me.
- We can’t be friends if you like the Yankees.
Childhood photos make people like you more, right? Here’s a picture of me, age 7-ish, trying to cram my massive feet into my grandmother’s tiny Japanese sandals (an apt metaphor for my life as a biracial Asian American):
And here are a few places I’ve had the privilege of calling home over the years:
Boston, where I grew up…
Atlanta, where I studied for 4 years with the best friends I could ever ask for,
Salamanca, Spain, where I studied for a semester in 2016,
Seoul, where I currently live and work.
…With more travels to hopefully come in the future.
My mailing list will consist of writing updates. The Korea blog has been archived.